Hello everyone! This is Jennie from TheBeautyPin.com and I am here to share another super chic yet incredibly easy hair tutorial with with you. The simple knot side braid is not really a “braid” in the traditional sense of the word, but it provides an equally intricate and trendy look at that is super hot this season.
You can create this look with straight or textured hair and it is a great style for both long and shorter lengths. My favorite thing about the simple knot side braid? It’s FAST! This is a perfect way to jazz up your hairstyle when you are crunched for time. Let’s get started!
How to Create the Simple Knot Side Braid:
1. Using a brush, smooth out your hair and gently pull it all to one side.
2. Create a side part with a tail comb, just above the arch in your eyebrow.
3. On the side of your hair opposite your part, take a small vertical slice of hair.
4. Split this section into two pieces and smooth them with your fingers and a tiny amount of pomade.
5. Gently tie a “knot” with these two pieces like how you would tie your shoes.
6. Gently pull to secure the “knot”. Now you can either pin this into place or create another section by simply repeating steps 3-5. Just be sure to include the previous two strands of hair.
7. Finish the look with a quick all over spritz of a light hold hairspray.
*For another styling option, after you complete step 6, gather all of your hair into a low ponytail and secure with an elastic. Wrap a small section of hair around the base of the ponytail and pin it to conceal the elastic. This gives a more polished look to the pony. Set the style with a light hold hairspray.
For even more hair and beauty fun, visit me over at TheBeautyPin.com. If you enjoyed this knot side braid tutorial, you’ll probably love these hair tutorials, too!
Graphic design by Grace Abbott