It’s wedding season and what better way to amp up your bridal style than with an untraditional wedding updo! This chic, halo braid is the perfect mix of the trendy goddess look with the functionality of a high ponytail for a very comfortable yet trendy look.
Don’t let this around-the-head braided style fool you; it’s pretty simple to achieve! To begin, you’ll want to start on freshly blow dried hair.
Make a part down the middle and with a dab of your favorite styling pomade or gel, begin your three-strand, French style braid from the left or right. Once you’ve braided around your hair, fluff up the braid, secure any loose pieces and jump that broom like a woman in love!
How To Create the Halo Braid Wedding Updo:
1. You’ll want to begin by parting your hair hair straight down the middle on blow dried hair. This will give you a sense of uniformity and direction as you begin the braid.
2. Start your French braid on any chosen side of your head from the middle part towards the edge of your hairline. Leave a few tendrils of hair out for to frame your face and add some more softness to the look.
3. Continue taking small sections of your hair and integrating it into the French braid. Be careful to create a braid that follows the edge of your hair in a circular pattern. Secure the braid with bobby pins as deemed necessary to keep a neat appearance.
4. Once the braid is complete, secure the loose end with a bobby pin, then gently tease your halo by pulling the braid loosely apart. This adds volume to the braid and makes it look more lush.
5. Lastly, spiral curl the pieces of hair on the side for added elegance. I recommend the Sedu Curling Wand.
Watch The Video:
This wedding updo tutorial isn’t too hard to swallow, now is it? If you want to see me create this look on my client in less than 5 minutes, check out the video tutorial below and remember to thumbs up if you like the video. Happy wedding day!