There are so many new and intricate hairstyles around, but usually not enough time to practice them so they turn out right. Oftentimes it’s easiest to stick with styles we already know and save the most time. Day after day, however, these can start to feel a little dull. A ponytail is a ponytail, no matter which angle you glance at it!
I’ve got a trick that will take your styles from drab to fab in no time. Mixing in a little accessory, like a ribbon, can make any hairdo fun and flirty and keep it from falling flat.
Hello! My name is Melissa from MySoulistheSky.com and I am here to show you how you can wear a ribbon with a number of different hairstyles. They range from easy to expert and can take any hairdo from simple to chic in no time. Give them a try and take your basic styles to the next level. These are just to help you get started!
Here are 15 incredibly chic ways to style hair with a ribbon…
1. Create a side part and wrap the ribbon under the hair and up to the top of the head. Tie it in a bow and place it slightly off center.
2. Smooth all the hair back and place the ribbon over the top about an inch from the hairline. Tie the ends together and hide them underneath the hair in the back.
3. Take a section of hair from right behind the front hairline and tie the ribbon around it. Pull some hair loose to create a small bump. Let the ribbon hang longer with the tails falling down each side of the head.
4. Create a pompadour and secure the ribbon around the clear elastic band on the top of the head.
5. Pull the hair back into a half up, half down style and secure it with the ribbon at the middle of the head.
6. Take two, 2-inch sections and braid them towards the back of the head. Secure the braids together with the ribbon.
7. Smooth the hair into a low ponytail at the nape of the neck. Secure it in place with the ribbon.
8. Brush all the hair to the side of the head behind one ear, and tie in with the ribbon. Leave the tail falling forward over the shoulder.
9. Comb all the hair into a high ponytail at the top to middle portion of the back of the head. Use the ribbon to hold it in place.
10. Start at the left side of the head and French braid the hair down to the bottom of the right ear. Tie the braid in place with the ribbon.
11. Pull all the hair to one side and braid into a single braid. Wrap the end with the ribbon, leaving a few inches of hair below it.
12. Create a single French braid down the back of the head, stopping at the nape of the neck. Fasten the hair with the ribbon letting the bottom portion fall free.
13. Smooth the hair into a sleek low bun. Wrap the ribbon over the top of the head about two inches from the hairline. Tie the ends and hide them underneath the bun.
14. Pull the hair up into a high top knot. Place the ribbon over the top of the head, securing the ends at the nape of the neck with a knot.
15. Fasten the ribbon onto a hair pin and tie two symmetrical bows. Create a deep side part and slide the hair pin into the hair about two inches above the ear.
Reach for your favorite, colorful ribbon and try these out! For more easy hairstyles and beauty tips, visit me at MySoulisthesSky.com.