In this video, I will be showing you how to style and blend your extensions. My model is wearing 4 28” Mink straight custom colored extensions from WStyleLounge.com.
NOTE: The model in this video is wearing 28”extensions, but this style will work on extensions as short as 10”. It’s simple and low maintenance, and only takes about 20 minutes to recreate. Plus, you’ll be using little to no product. Lets get started!
- Always style extensions on freshly washed and blow dried hair. After washing, sit under the dryer for minimum of 30 minutes to ensure your braids are dry. For a seamless finish, on wet hair, use a mega wrap strip to lay your leave out down while under the dryer (Mega Wrap Strips can be purchased at your local beauty supply store).
- Next, on dry hair, apply about 2 pumps of your favorite light serum throughout the whole head for a nice finishing shine. Kenra and Paul Mitchell each have amazing light serum with nice scents that add great shine.
- Section off your hair in either 2 or 4 sections, then begin styling.
- Once finished curling, use your favorite wig brush or your hands to sculpt the curls. I prefer to use my hands because I can control how loose the curls come out. Using a wig brush will take the curls to waves, which is gorgeous as well.
- How do you maintain it? Simple. Visit your local beauty store to pickup a couple packs of flexi rods. Flexi rods are not the most comfortable to sleep in but you’ll be happy in the morning when you can just shake and go!
For extensions 18”-30” use a mixture of the dark red, dark green and navy blue. If you’re wearing extensions that are 10”-16”, use the purple or gray flexi rods.
Here is a list of the products and tools used in this video:
- 4 28” mink straight extensions
- Black mega wrap strip
- BabyLiss flat irons 1 1/2” for the natural hair and extensions. 1/2” for the edges
- Design Essential mega hold edge control
- Kenra moisturizing shampoo and conditioner
- Kenra silkening gloss and light holding spray