Hello! I’m Melissa from My Soul Is The Sky and I am here to show you how to create a fun, new hairstyle featuring a dutch braid in a zag-zag pattern. The braid goes down the back of the head and loops around to form a mass of intricate braids. It’s really much easier to create than you might think. Just follow my simple steps!
1. Start by taking a 1-inch section of hair near your part, either behind your bangs or including them, and divide it into three pieces.
2. Begin a dutch braid, braiding down toward your right ear.
3. Next, begin turning the braid when you’re about two inches from your right ear so it crosses back over the top of your head.
4. Continue braiding across the back of your head until the braid almost reaches your left ear.
5. When you’ve almost reached the left side, turn the braid so it loops back to the right.
6. Once you’ve reached the right side, repeat the process turning the braid back to the left, pulling in the rest of the hair and finishing it with a normal braid. Secure the end with a clear elastic.
7. Gently pull on the sides of the braid to loosen it and create a larger looking braid. This will help hide the space between the braids.
8. Next, take the little braided tail and wrap it back along the top of the bottom braid
9. Pin it in place with bobby pins.
10. Secure any loose strands and spritz some hairspray to hold everything in place.
For even more hair and beauty fun, visit me at MySoulIsTheSky.com.