Hi there! It’s Jenny from The Confessions of a Hairstylist and I am back with another fast and fabulous DIY hairstyle to try. Running out the door and want your hair to be a little more interesting than just wearing it down? Why not try this easy and foolproof half up half down hairstyle?
This look is perfect for all lengths and hair textures. This is also a great DIY hairstyle to try on day two or three (dirty) hair! All you need is your favorite teasing brush or comb and a few bobby pins. Let’s get to styling!
1. Start with dry hair. It can be dirty, clean, curly or straight. To achieve the look shown, prep your hair with a large 1 and 3/4 inch curling iron to add soft waves.
2. Section out a triangle section of hair on top of your head, starting from the recession line in front of your face to the crown.
3. Tease the top section.
4. Lightly pull the hair back towards the back of your crown.
5. Twist the ends and gently push the hair upwards for added volume. Secure with bobby pins.
6. Pull desired hair out to frame your face and add interest to the look.
Now head on out the door (fast!) and take on the day with a fun and fresh half up half down hair look.
For even more hair and beauty fun, visit me over at The Confessions of a Hairstylist and subscribe to my YouTube channel. If you enjoyed this easy DIY hairstyle tutorial, you’ll probably love these tutorials too: