Want to try something new with your ‘do this weekend? How about this polished tweak to the common ponytail? This hairstyle was found on the runway at Carolina Herrera’s Spring 2012 fashion show during New York Fashion Week. Rock the look yourself this weekend with these easy steps:
1. Prep hair by blowing dry straight and smoothing with your favorite serum for added shine and sleekness.
2. Use a tail comb to create a center part in your hair. You can also create this look with a side part or no part at all, it’s up to you!
3. Brush hair back and away from the face with a flat brush.
4. Gather hair into a mid to low ponytail just above the nape of the neck and secure with an elastic.
5. Smooth and spray hair and ponytail with a hairspray like Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine Anti-Humidity Hairspray.
6. Take a small section from your ponytail and wrap around the base of the pony to conceal the elastic. Secure the ends of the wrapped hair with one or two bobby pins underneath the pony if possible to conceal the pins.
7. Take the end of your smoothed ponytail and turn under, making the hair into a loop. Tuck the end of the pony into base of the ponytail, underneath the hair wrap and secure with a bobby pin.
8. Give hair another all-over with hairspray. You may want to use a touch of your favorite freezing spray at the pony tuck for added security.