With a new season upon us, it is imperative that we change up our hair routines so we don’t fall prey to simply tucking it into a messy pony or warm hat every day! The days are getting shorter and the heat is wafting away, so now is a great time to add a simple accessory to our hairdos to make them more flirty and fun.
My name is Melissa from MySoulistheSky.com and in a previous post, I showed you 15 incredibly chic ways to style hair with a ribbon. Since you have mastered those, I am super excited to share eight NEW new ways to style hair with a ribbon! Some are a little bit trickier, while others are on the easier side. Either way, be sure and give these a try and you’ll take your hair look from plain to posh in no time!
1. Smooth the hair back and into a ponytail. Back comb the hair down and mist with hairspray. Smooth out the edges and wrap the hair around the band, securing the edges with hair pins. Gently wrap the ribbon around the bun and tie a bow in the front.
2. Take a section of hair behind the left ear. Tie the ribbon to the hair and begin a Dutch braid, gently holding the ribbon as one of the strands. Braid the hair along the hairline, around the back of the head, and up to where it started. Finish the braid and pin it behind the first one.
3. Part the hair on the left side of the head. Taking a section of hair, tie the ribbon to a strand and begin Dutch braiding down towards the right ear. Gently sweep hair from the left side of the head into the braid and continue to the bottom of the hair. Finish with an elastic band at the ends.
4. Part the hair on the left side of the head and tie the ribbon to a strand of hair. Taking two sections of hair near the part, begin a rope braid, adding in hair from the right and left sides of the rope. Treat the ribbon as its own strand of hair and continue working down to the ends, following along the hairline. Secure the bottom with an elastic band.
5. Part the hair, then take the front section on one side and rope braid the strands towards the back of the head and secure with an elastic band. Repeat the same step on the other side, then secure the two rope braids together and tie the ribbon to the end.
6. Part the hair on the right side of the head. Wrap the ribbon around the head and tie at the nape of the neck. Take a front section of hair near the part and begin a Dutch braid, only pulling in hair from the back of the crown. Alternate between wrapping the hair under the ribbon and then over the ribbon as you work your way down towards the left ear. Secure the braid in place with a hair pin.
7. Flip your head upside down and comb the hair down in the opposite direction. Taking a section of hair near the nape of the neck, begin a Dutch braid, working towards the top of the head. Smooth all the hair into a top knot and gently wrap the ribbon around the bun, tying a bow in the back above the braid.
8. Separate the hair into two sections. Tie each half into a ponytail with a clear elastic band. Cut your ribbon in half and tie each half to each ponytail.
Now grab your favorite colorful ribbon and try out these ways to style hair with a ribbon! For even more easy hairstyles and beauty tips, visit me at MySoulisthesSky.com.