Relaxed and carefree, flat iron curls are the opposite of curling iron curls which can feel over done and Shirley Temple-like. Flat iron curls offer a variety of ways to style your hair; create curls just on the ends or start near the root to create curls with tons of body. The styling possibilities are endless!
How To Style:
- Starting with dry hair, grab small section near your face.
- Taking your flat iron (1 inch flat irons work best), holding vertically, place hair in between hot plates.
- Twist iron 180 degrees away from face and gently slide down section of hair.
- Allow hair to slip through flat iron and grab section.
- Twist section in the same direction as the curl just created and allow to cool.
- Repeat steps 2-6 working around head.
- Allow curls to cool for a few minutes.
- Run fingers through curls to break up curls.
- Mist hair with a flexible hairspray.
Watch The Video:
Try creating curls just on the ends by starting the flat iron ½ way down the section. Or, try creating a full body look by starting the curl 2 inches from the root. Have fine hair? After curling your hair, use a wide-tooth comb to lightly backcomb curls for more lift and body.
Flat iron curls are fun, versatile and super easy. They are a great way to break up your normal routine (or maybe they will become your normal routine!) and easily create varying looks that can go from the office to an evening out. Remember, flat iron curls relaxed, so don’t worry if every strand isn’t perfect.
Now that you’ve mastered how to curl your hair with a flat iron, you have to try these 5 quick and easy hairstyles you can do in your car!