Finally, Gatsby hair is taking center stage! Short bobs and finger waves abound, and don’t forget the perfect 1920’s inspired hair accessories. The fishtail faux bob is THE perfect way to fake a short, soft boho Gatsby-inspired bob.
For this beautiful fishtail faux bob, start with clean hair that has been prepped with a texture spray, and set with either a large barrel iron or any of these no-heat curl methods.
1. Start by dividing the hair into three vertical sections — two from the top of the head to behind each ear and one in the back.
2. Start with your back section by creating a loose fishtail braid.
3. When you get to the ends, secure the braid with a clear elastic. Now gently tug apart the sides of the braid a bit, starting at the ends, to loosen it up even more.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 on each side section.
5. Take the braid in the back, fold the ends under and gently roll it in towards your head.
6. Use large bobbies to pin the braid to the head from each side, criss-crossing each other under the rolled braid.
7. Do the same with one side braid.
8. Repeat with the other side braid.