This is knot your average hairstyle, ladies. Why settle for a simple top knot when you can pair it with a gorgeous braid? And why settle for a simple French braid when you can do French knots instead?
This is Roxie from HowToHairGirl.com and I am here to share how to create a beautifully unique hairstyle that is the perfect alternative your go-to tried and trued styles. It may appear a bit complicated at first glance, but this stunning French knotted bun is actually quite easy!
If you have hair that is shoulder length or longer, this style will work wonders for you! You will want to start with second day hair or clean hair that has been prepped with a good texture or sea salt spray. All you need is a couple of bobby pins or a beautiful hair comb.
Create Your French Knotted Bun in 6 Simple Steps:
1. Flip the head over and take two small sections of hair from the nape at the bottom hairline. Tie these sections together once.
2. Now add a bit of hair to both sides like you would a braid, but instead of braiding them, tie them together!
3. Repeat by adding more hair to both sides and knotting.
4. Do this again, working your way towards the top of the head.
5. Now, gather all the remaining hair, twist it together and wind it into a bun on top of the head.
6. Use your bobby pins or pretty comb to secure the look.
This hairstyle will loosen a bit and soften throughout the day, but do not fret. It just gets more beautiful with more wear!
If you loved this French knotted bun tutorial, visit me over at HowToHairGirl.com for even more DIY hair and beauty fun.