Wrapping up all the great style trends from the fall/winter 2012 fashion shows can make us forget that it’s spring/summer 2012 that we should be looking at now! Looking back through those collections, I’ve picked my favorite two looks from the Paris, New York, Milan and London shows to inspire your own spring and summer hairstyling.
1. OSCAR DE LA RENTA – I loved the hair for his NY show! The hair featured center parts and a touch of 70s and 80s glamour with the hair wild and crimped through the midshafts and ends, but flat on the top.
2. THEYSKENS THEORY – Again, the hair at this show spoke to me. Styles were mainly long with center parts but with a glossy, polished finish of soft waves – all slightly tousled in natural looking colors.
1. BURBERRY PRORSUM – Again, lots of center parts and that wonderful polished finish that doesn’t look overly done. Beautiful, wearable hair!
2. MARK FAST- Brilliant looks here. Marcel waves on a bob or long hair that has been tucked up to look like a bob is really fresh and elegant and so on trend with that twenties feel.
1. AKRIS AND LANVIN – Both these houses gave us extreme parts on either the left or right, giving a refreshingly new look for long hair.
2. VALENTINO – They gave us the braid this season. A braid this is very fresh, youthful and fun and a style that translates easily into the salon.
I know I said I would discuss only my two favorites from each of these shows but…
3. JEAN PAUL GAULTIER – I couldn’t go without bringing attention to these victory roll styles inspired by the women of WWII. This is such a fun, different and very feminine look and I just LOVE it!
1. SALVATORE FERRAGAMO – This is my kind of hair – long, glamorous waves that are very polished and sexy. This hairstyle is really commercial and a look I know many of my clients will adore.
2. VERSACE – YES YES YES! The hair is beautiful, glossy, bouncy, soft and full of volume. Just perfect.
All of the spring/summer 2012 fashion week hairstyles that appealed to me were natural and soft as were the colors in the hair. I do love the fact that we are seeing some strange and magical hair color on the runways, as this opens up the conversation about what is beauty, what is pretty and what is hair color.