Reese Witherspoon was a stunner when she attended the Mud premiere during the 65th Annual Cannes Film Festival at Palais des Festivals in Cannes, France.
“Here’s what I love most about this look: Versatility! This is a style that will take you from work to play, looking effortless and elegant,” says Chad Taber with Salon W in Oklahoma City, OK. Chad is national artist for Keune Hair Cosmetics and a celebrity hairstylist — and he loves this look!
Want to try one of our favorite Reese Witherspoon hair looks on your own? Chad helped us out with a quick step by step guide:
1. Starting with towel dried hair, apply Keune SoPure Air Foam Strong to scalp area for natural volume. Prepare lengths of hair with Keune Design Line Sculpting Lotion for style memory and thermal protection.
2. Begin by creating a soft part at the front hairline, sweeping the fringe section to one side.
3. Blow dry hair, starting with the scalp area, using fingers to lift hair and create volume.
*Hot tip* When blow drying hair, make sure your dryer has an air flow director attached to control air flow and protect hair from damage by hot metal components. (We love the Chi Red Turbo Hair Dryer for this!)
4. Next, dry the fringe section using a brush and dryer to direct hair from one side to the other. Continue drying lengths of hair with a vented paddle brush.
5. Using a curling wand or flat iron on a low heat setting, add some subtle waves. Pull hair back into loose sections and secure with your favorite elastic or fastener, leaving out the fringe section and pieces to frame your face.
6. Finish with Keune Design Line Brilliant Gloss Spray for weightless, radiant shine to complete this romantic style.
One of the key elements of this timeless style is the softness of the finish – no slick polishes, just natural shine. If you loved trying this look, then you’ll love recreating Reese’s flirty red carpet waves as well!