Can a hairstyle be a fashion accessory? YES YES YES! says Adriana Vater, co-founder and creative director of Spa Adriana, an Aveda lifestyle salon and spa in tony Huntington, New York, who shared the scoop on how-to Beyonce’s fabulous ‘do.
“A fashionable high pony is an easy style for anyone with mid to longer length hair. Here Beyoncé goes glam by pulling the pony into a high and tight knot – not uptight, but just right. The wrap on the pony gives the look a bit more height and a shiny, classic finish,” said Adriana. “The soft curls of the just-to-the-side pony catch the light just right. Gorgeous.”
“While the look may seem effortless, the color is an intentional, smart choice. The light golden blonde frames Beyonce’s face to compliment her warm, coco skin. The combination of the lighter hue in perfectly placed highlights pulled sleekly back into this chic style places all the attention to her eyes and that captivating Bey smile,” said Adriana.
GET THE LOOK:
- Set or blow out hair in your usual way using Aveda Volumizing Tonic at the roots to maximize volume, build body and add shine.
- Sweep all of your hair up and secure it just above the crown area of your head with an elastic. Be sure to leave out or gently pull out a one-inch section of hair for your wrap.
- Wrap that section of hair around the base of your ponytail to conceal the elastic and secure it with a bobby pin.
- Split the hair in your ponytail into three to four large sections and curl using a large barrel curling iron. Gently marry the curls together into one to two large curls and situate them to the preferred side of your face.
- Use Shaping Wax as needed to tame flyaways.
- Finish the look by spraying all over with Control Force™ Firm Hold Hairspray.
If you loved this easy Beyonce ponytail tutorial, then you will love creating these other Beyonce looks as well!