1. Wash with a clarifying shampoo once a week. This routine will help remove product build up, lighten your hair’s load a bit and put some bounce back into those tresses.
2. Pay attention to product use and placement. If you are going to use a root booster or volumizing mousse to add volume to your ‘do, pay close attention that you are only applying the recommended amount (or less) at the roots. Using too much product can make your lifted hair look unnatural or crunchy and placing it anywhere but the roots will weigh your strands down and make them flat.
3. Fight end-of-the-day hair flatness by trying one of these hair tricks:
- Use a little of your favorite dry shampoo at the roots to soak up oil and give a little volume boost to your roots.
- Flip your head upside down and fluff your hair up a bit. Take your favorite volumizing or freezing hair spray and spritz your roots. Flop your head around a bit to let the spray dry then flip back over and shape (not brush) your tresses into the voluminous style you desire.
There are a number of volumizing hair products on the market, but here are a few of our favs:
- Aveda Pure Abundance Volumizing Shampoo and Hair Spray
- Big Sexy Root Pump Plus
- Kérastase Resistance Volumactive Mousse
- Suave Professionals Volumizing Foam
- Phyto Phytovolume Actif Maximizing Volume Spray
- John Frieda Luxurious Volume Lavish Lift Root Booster
What’s your hair volume secret?