Hey everyone! It’s Melissa from MissySue.com and I have your new favorite hairstyle for spring and summer! Side ponytails are the new thing and can be spotted everywhere. From celebrities, to style bloggers, and even on the runways of New York Fashion Week! The side ponytail is a super chic and simple way to wear your hair, and by adding in a trendy hair accessory, you can easily dress the style up or down, depending on the occasion.
There are so many ways to change up a side ponytail too! Once you master the basic side pony, try weaving it into a fishtail braid, wearing it tousled for a mermaid-inspired look, or twisted for a truly unique look. Luckily, I have a great tutorial for the cutest twisted side ponytail right here!
Get the Look:
1. Starting with clean hair, part the hair on the right side then brush it all over the left shoulder.
2. Next, separate out a section of hair from the part down to the left ear and clip this aside to use later.
3. Take the hair on the right side and begin rolling the hair upwards towards the top of the head, creating a twist.
4. Continue rolling the hair upwards as you work your way across the back of the head towards the left side, adding in hair as you go.
5. Once all the hair is twisted and on the left side of the head, let down the section of hair pinned in step two.
6. Take the loose section of hair and wrap it around the twisted portion creating a wrapped, side ponytail.
7. Grab a clear elastic band and wrap it over the entire ponytail to hold it all together.
Note: The hair wrapped around the ponytail will hide the elastic band and the band will hold it all in place.
8. Next, fix any pieces in the front by pulling out your bangs or a few strands of hair near the ears.
9. Add in a pretty hair accessory if desired.
10. Finish with hairspray to keep everything in place.
Watch The Video:
If you loved this style, check out these other great tutorials:
And for more beauty and DIY fun, come visit me at MissySue.com!