Hello! This is Melissa from MissySue.com and I am excited to share a cool new hairstyle that is so easy to recreate you won’t believe it! You’ve already learned the lobster tail braid, and while this look resembles the lobster, it is done using a slight different technique. This “braid” is the perfect way to change up your typical French braid because it looks so intricate and detailed. The best part is that it isn’t actually a braid at all!
This style is made by creating a bunch of topsy tails stacked on top of one another. The final look is created by gently pulling everything loose to create voluminous, romantic twists that are perfect for any occasion.
The Stacked Topsy Tail Braid Tutorial:
1. Start by separating off a small section of hair at the top of the back of the head. Tie it off with a clear elastic band.
2. Create a small gap right above the band and flip the end of the ponytail up and through the gap.
3. Pull the tail back down, creating a topsy tail.
4. Pick up two new sections of hair to the right and left of the first topsy tail. Tie these two sections together and create a second topsy tail directly beneath the first one.
5. Create two more topsy tails with the remaining hair along the sides of the head.
6. Separate off two outside pieces from the remaining hair and tie it into a fifth topsy tail.
7. Continue creating topsy tails using outside sections of the remaining hair, stacking them one below the next.
8. After creating your last topsy tail, spray the style with hairspray and comb through the tail to remove any tangles.
9. To create a fuller effect, gently pull on the edges of each individual twist until they become the size and shape you prefer.
10. Mist the style with a firm hold hairspray to finish and set it.
Watch The Video:
Give this topsy tail braid a try and share it with your friends who you think would love it too!
If you enjoyed this stacked topsy tail braid tutorial, then you’ll love these DIY hairstyles as well: