Hey everyone! It’s Melissa from MissySue.com and I have a fab new hair tutorial for an embellished spiral fishtail braid to share with you today. Fishtail braids are one of the go-to styles this season and are perfect for combating the summer heat. They can be worn in a variety of ways including updos, side braids, and in ponytails. The possibilities are endless!
I love wearing fishtail braids as often as I can and sometimes substitute them in place of regular three-strand braids to give my look a whole new twist. Side fishtail braids are especially trendy right now and always look great whether you are lounging at the beach, taking a dip at the pool, or running to the next barbecue or party.
A fishtail braid even looks great with wet hair! Check out my spiral fishtail braid tutorial below to learn how you can recreate this chic and simple style.
How to Create The Embellished Spiral Fishtail Braid:
1. Begin by parting the hair in a deep part on the right side.
2. Next, sweep all the hair over the left shoulder.
3. Roughly divide the hair into three equal sections for each of the fishtail braids.
4. Separate a small section from one side, cross it over the top, and add it into the opposite side.
5. Next, take a small section of hair from the other side, cross it over, and add it into the other side.
6. Repeat steps four and five until the braid reaches the bottom of the hair.
7. Gently loosen the braid by pulling on the sides. This creates a larger braid.
8. Tie off the bottom using a clear elastic band.
9. Repeat these steps working all the way down the head until reaching the nape of the neck. You should end up with sections of hair crossing over the strand above it, creating a crisscross pattern.
10. Now create two more fishtail braids with the rest of the hair, following steps 4 through 9.
11. Once all the hair is braided, wrap them around each other creating a single spiral-like side braid.
12. Tie the three braids together at the base with another elastic band.
13. Remove any other bands previously wrapped in.
14. Grab your favorite clip and place it at the top of the braids, level with the bottom of the left ear.
Curl the hair before hand to create a wavy, feminine style. Smooth a bit of dry Argan oil into the ends to hydrate any rough tips.
Watch The Video:
I hope you enjoyed the embellished spiral fishtail braid tutorial! For more hair, beauty and DIY fun, visit me over at MissySue.com.