Hi everyone! This is Ulrika from yetanotherbeautysite.com and I’m glad to be back with another hair tutorial! This hairstyle is a cute, romantic side-swept bun with the added touch of micro braids. It works will with both curly or straight hair and on medium to long hair. Here’s how to get the look!
1. Curl your hair. The curls don’t have to be perfect since it’s just to get some texture and volume. If you have curly hair, you can of course skip this step and if you want less of a romantic feeling and a more sleek feeling, keep your hair straight. I prefer my hair a bit curly to give the look a little more life!
2. Separate the curls with your hands.
3. Take two small sections in the front of your hair.
4. Braid them and secure with an elastic.
5. Gather your hair into a side ponytail.
6. Secure with an elastic.
7. Take the elastics out of the small braids, but don’t unbraid them.
8. Make about three braids in the ponytail.
9. Now twist the hair around the base of the ponytail. Make sure that the braids are showing and arrange them to your liking.
10. Secure with bobby pins. Start to secure the end of the ponytail and be sure to hide the bobby pins under the bun and hair as needed.
You can vary the micro braids to your liking with this look! You can use regular three-strand braids like I did here, or you can try fishtail braids. If you really want to create an intriguing look, use both types of braids. It’s totally up to you! For even more hairstyle ideas and tutorials, visit me at yetanotherbeautysite.com.