Hey Latest-Hairstyles! This is Melissa with My Soul Is The Sky with you again and today we are mixing it up. I am here to show you the steps to create the cool and stylish rope braid. It is easy to do and a fun alternative to the traditional summer ‘dos.
This style works best with hair that has not been washed for a day (or two!) and all you need is one small elastic and a little hairspray. In just a few simple steps you will have a cute, new hairstyle and be out the door in a matter of minutes.
1. Pulling your hair to one side, separate it into two sections.
2. Twist each section in the same counter-clockwise direction.
3. Next, pull the strand in the back over the strand in the front.
4. Continue wrapping it under and towards the back again.
5. Repeat this motion until you reach the end of your hair.
6. Secure the end with a clear elastic.
7. Pull on the sides of the braid to loosen them and create volume within the braid.
8. You’re done!
Here’s a video tutorial to make it even easier for you…
I love this hairstyle for any activities that take place outside like lounging at the pool or playing on the beach because it is perfect for pairing with a pretty, summer hat. It is also a great way to take a break from the traditional ponytail or side braid and is nice when you are in a rush to get out the door.
So toss your hair into this rope braid and you’ll be rocking one of the cutest hairstyles this summer! For even more hair and beauty inspiration, visit me at My Soul Is The Sky.