Braids, braids, braids! Braids are still very popular both on and off the runways this year, along with beachy and grungy hair texture. I am Stephanie (of Hair & Makeup by Steph) and I have THE braided look for you try.
This half up braided was seen on the fall Rodarte runway and quickly became one of the most loved looks from New York Fashion Week. The best part? It’s a lot easier to recreate than you think! It’s best to start on wavy or second-day hair to give the look added texture. It also doesn’t hurt to spray a little hairspray or spray wax in it beforehand to add a little grip and grunge.
Here’s how to get the look…
1. Beginning on wavy hair, take a medium to large section (depending on how thick your hair is) close to your right ear.
2. Braid the section going from the front to the back.
3. Repeat on the opposite side.
4. Bring both braids to the back and secure them with an elastic.
5. Loosen and mess up both braids by pulling on them gently with your fingers.
6. Take one braid and wrap it up and around itself, creating a small braided bun.
7. Secure with bobby pins.
Check out this other awesome braid tutorial!