If you’ve been a follower of mine for awhile, you’ve probably picked up that I love disheveled, messy yet wearable hair. In my professional opinion, disheveled braids look better on the typical woman because it’s more flattering and just plain sexy. This look has been spotted on several celebrities such as Ashley Olsen, Blake Lively, Diane Kruger and many more.
- Start with dry hair. To achieve the texture shown, curl your hair like my Beach Wave Tutorial. But instead of using a 1 3/4-inch curling iron, use a 1 1/4 for tighter waves.
- Pull all of your hair to a desired side.
- Apply an elastic on your desired side.
- Split hair in half.
- Pull a strand for the right side of your split sections
- Take the strand and pull it over the top of the right section into the middle and into the left section.
- Now, pull a strand from the left side of your split sections and pull it over the top of the left section into the right section.
- Repeat the same technique until you don’t have any hair left to work with.
- Cut the top elastic off.
- Apply an elastic on your ends.
- Hair spray your hair and now pull hair gently out of fishtail braid by gently massaging hair out of braid.
- Finish this look off by using a medium hold hairspray.
Simple and gorgeous right!? Will you be doing style this summer?
For even more hair tutorials and tips, visit Jenny at TheConfessionsOfAHairstylist.com.