Hello everyone! It’s Melissa from My Soul is the Sky and I am here to share a fun and creative new way to style a bun. Tossing your hair up into a bun is one of the easiest styles on days when you are not feeling up to pulling out the straightener or curling iron. When you can throw in a braid to look like a braided headband, suddenly you have created a great accessory using your own flowing locks! All this low bun-inspired look requires is a spritz of hairspray, a clear elastic and a hairband.
This particular braid features a Dutch braid (or an upside down French braid), but with pieces only pulled in on one side. It can be easily changed up, however, by doing a traditional braid, a French braid, or even several braids linked together instead. It’s easiest to do with hair that has a bit of texture, wave, or curl. If your hair is pin straight, shoot for second day hair!
Get The Look:
1. To complete this look, separate a small section from the front of the hairline and then begin a small Dutch braid right behind it.
2. When the braid reaches the top of the ear, continue down in a regular braid and wrap a clear elastic band over the end.
3. Pull all the hair into a low ponytail at the nape of the neck.
4. Take small sections of the ponytail and wrap the pieces back into the band to create a chic bun.
5. Finish by tucking the front strands that were left out over the braid and pin in place. Smooth down any flyaways with a bit of hairspray. Now you have a pretty hair look for either day or night!
Watch The Video:
Now that you have mastered this easy yet gorgeous style, check out all of my recent Latest-Hairstyles hair tutorials here! For even more hair, beauty and DIY fun, please come visit me over at My Soul Is The Sky. See you there!