I think we can all agree that the classic bun is a great go-to look for work, a date night, second or third-day hair…the list goes on and on. But I think we can also agree that our bun can get a little on the boring side, right? Well allow me to introduce you to the “fun bun”, aka your new cure for the common bun!
This is Jennie from TheBeautyPin.com and I am here to show you just how easily you can recreate my fun bun. This bun is a perfect business casual look for any of you ladies with medium-long to long hair.
You can see that I created this version of the fun bun with straight hair, but don’t shy away from rocking this look with a little curl or texture to your hair. This is a bun for everyone! Go ahead and grab a couple of elastics and a handful bobby pins and give this easy tutorial a try.
1. Using a brush, smooth your hair into a ponytail at the mid to bottom of your neck. Secure your ponytail with a small rubber elastic.
2. Take a small section of hair from the ponytail (about a 1/2 inch thick) and set it aside.
3. Wrap that small section of hair around the ponytail to camouﬂage the elastic and give a more polished look. Secure the end of the section with a bobby pin or two.
4. Split your ponytail into three sections and weave hair into a basic, three-strand braid. Secure the bottom of the braid with a small rubber elastic.
5. Take your newly braided ponytail and wrap the braid around the base of the ponytail. Secure the bun using several bobby pins throughout to hold it in place.
Graphic design by Grace Abbott