Hello there! It’s Melissa from MissySue.com and I have a fun, new boho braid tutorial to share with you today.
Braids are one of the easiest ways to wear your hair and the ultimate go-to style during the heat of summer. They can be styled in a million different ways and are especially nice when you don’t want to pull out the hot curling iron or blow dryer. Regular French braids can sometimes come across a bit drab or old-fashioned, but adding in a few extra braids can really pump up the look and give it a trendy, boho chic twist.
Check out the tutorial below for this lovely boho braided ‘do, then get ready wear it out and about — I guarantee you will get compliments galore!
How to Master This Boho Braid Tutorial:
1. Begin by parting the hair on the right side.
2. Next, separate out a triangle-shaped section of hair by drawing a line from the middle of the part down to the left eye.
3. Separate this section into three smaller sections.
4. Begin an inverted braid by crossing the back under the middle strand.
5. Then, cross the front strand under the middle strand.
6. Continue braiding down until it reaches the end of the hair.
7. Grab a clear elastic band and tie off the end.
8. Next, separate out another section just like you did in step 2.
9. Braid this section into another inverted braid, tying off the end with an elastic band.
10. Now, gather all the hair and move it over the shoulders and to the back.
11. With both hands, divide the hair right above the ears, pushing the hair towards the back of the head. These will be the two side pieces in the upcoming French braid portion.
12. Take the hair in the center of the back of the head and use this as the middle strand.
13. Create a French braid by crossing the left strand over the middle strand, then the right strand over the middle.
14. Next, cross the left strand over the middle and bring in a section of hair, adding it into the strand.
15. Repeat step 14 with the right side.
16. Continue braiding downwards until all the hair is pulled into the braid before finishing with a simple three-strand braid.
17. Tie off the end with a clear elastic band.
18. Now, take the two braids that were completed at the beginning and wrap them around towards the back of the head.
19. Take a section of hair from the French braid and tuck the tails of the two braids into it. Then, tuck them downwards into the center of the French braid.
20. Pin them down with a hair pin if necessary, being sure to hide it underneath the braid.
Back comb the top of the hair before beginning to create a little volume at the top. Before starting each braid, spray the roots with hairspray or hair wax, smoothing down any flyaways to create a sleek braid. Smooth a bit of dry oil into the end of the tail to smooth rough ends.
Watch The Video:
I hope you enjoyed this boho braid tutorial! For more hair, beauty and DIY fun, visit me over at MissySue.com.
If you’re looking for even more fun hair tutorials to try, check these out: