When it’s hot out, the last thing you want is your mane making you sweat. Keep cool and beat the summer heat with a chic hairdo that’s weather appropriate. We asked celebrity hairstylist Gregory Alan with Salon Grafix, to give us the lowdown on how to recreate four summer-perfect hairstyles. Check out his tips and let us know which styles you try!
1. The Side Braid Summer Roll
1. Start by spraying a texturizing spray, like the AG DV8 Spray-in Texture, throughout your hair.
2. Work with your natural parting, and take a large barrel curling iron and wave random sections.
3. Gather hair on one side and loosely braid it.
4. Next, roll the braid inwards and secure with bobby pins. Finish with a light hold hairspray, like the Paul Mitchell Super Clean Light Hold Finishing Spray.
5. For some extra flair, choose a fun headband and lay it in front of your summer roll!
2. The Tousled Wave Chignon**Photo via Pinterest.com**
1. Start with a mousse, like Salon Grafix’s Shaping Mousse, and apply throughout your hair, saturating from scalp to ends.
2. Next, blow dry your hair smooth using a large, round, bristle brush.
3. Then, take a 1-inch curling iron and wrap your hair around the barrel away from your face until all your hair is waved. Remember to not pinch your hair between the tongs and to keep the ends straight.
4. Finally, take the waved hair and twist it into a bun shape, low on the back of your head. Using long hairpins, secure the style. Pull out random pieces to create a soft carefree look.
3. The Textured Pony With A Twist**Photo via Pinterest.com**
1. Start by blow drying your hair with shaping mousse.
2. Next, wave all your locks with a 1-inch barrel iron, like the Hot Tools HPK45 Titanium Curling Iron. Remember to not pinch your hair between the tongs and to keep the ends straight.
3. Take the section by your crown on top of your head, and spray short burst at the roots with a volumizer, like the Graham Webb Thick Infusion Root Volumizing Spray.
4. Pull the sides tight to create volume on top of your head. Then pull into a low ponytail and secure with an elastic hair band. Leave a 1-inch section of your hair out of the ponytail.
5. Braid this section, then wrap the braid around the ponytail and secure with hairpins.
4. The Braided Top Knot**Photo via Pinterest.com**
1. Start this style by blow drying your hair smooth.
2. Gather your hair into a ponytail on top of your head and secure with a hair band. Make sure to keep the ponytail tight!
3. Next, take a smoothing cream, like Bumble and Bumble Styling Creme, and apply to the sides of your head to achieve a high sheen look.
4. Braid the ponytail, and secure with a clear elastic hair band.
5. To finish off this look, roll the braided ponytail into a bun and secure with long hairpins.