Men. You have very different hair and scalp concerns than women. A man’s scalp is thicker and produces more sebum.
What everyone needs to know is that a healthy scalp leads to healthy hair, and using the right products are essential for this.
Don’t let your lady yell at you for stealing her hair products, take the time to find the perfect products for YOU.
Lucky for you, we’ve done the research for you and found the top 20 hair products for men. Check them out!
1. Aveda Men’s Pureformance Grooming Crème is a multi-purpose styling product that gives hair pliable control. The conditioning formula gives hair a natural satin finish.
2. Eufora International HERO for Men Scalp Rescue is the only hair care treatment that utilizes plant stem cells to help create an optimum scalp environment for fine, thin and thinning hair.
3. Oribe Rough Luxury molding wax gives great texture for those rugged styles, and it smells great too!
4. ISO Beauty’s mini hair straightener is SO cool, your girl will probably try to steal it from you! You can charge it up via the the cigarette lighter in your car which is awesome for on-the-go styling.
5. Electric Hair Volume Mist Spray will be available at Harvey Nichols online in September 2013 and in stores in October 2013 and is great for adding depth to your hairstyle. It works at the cortex of the hair to create endless volume with staying power including intense ingredients for hydrating and anti-breakage. We also love that it evaporates immediately without leaving resedue or stickiness.
6. Aquage Molding Megagel is an innovative styling gel that combines two powerful holding agents to deliver strong control with a high-gloss finish. It never flakes and hair strands will remain flexible and pliable without weighing hair down.
7. Malin + Goetz Sage Styling Cream says those biceps aren’t the only area that deserve muscle! This productt provides light hold and serious shine.
8. White Sands Hair Care’s Gluten & Paraben Free UnderCover Styling Spray provides a frizz-free, high shine finish, creating a strength in the style, but hardly any trace in your hair. It is great for hot tool use and blowouts.
9. Aveda Men’s Pureformance Exfoliating Shampoo contains walnut shells and jojoba beads to gently slough off dead scalp cells and any product or oil buildup that can clog pores. Use this once a week for optimum scalp health.
10. PHYTO Intense Volume Mousse helps you to control and style your hair again and again without that stiffness or stickiness. Mousse can be a bit intimidating for a guy to mess around with, but it’s a great asset, we promise!
11. White Sands Smudge Texture Creme is a water-based, weightless styling and finishing product for wet or dry hair, which is perfect for the styling versatility men need. Plus, it always leaves hair soft, silky, and touchable — a great style plus for their significant other. Smudge can be used for piecing, straightening, texturizing, anti-frizz and flat ironing.
12. ThermaScalp Anti-Itch uses the power of caffeine and capsaicin (hot peppers!!!) to invigorate the scalp with a thermal reaction that permeates follicles to instantly relieve itching, irritation and dandruff.
This exclusive formulation also contains other proven herbal extracts including Saw Palmetto, Pygeum and Olive leaf. Aside from increasing absorption through the scalp, the caffeine and capsaicin in this formula also supercharge nerve endings that promote follicle regeneration and healthy hair growth.
13. The best home hair care program starts with a great shampoo. Tea tree oil and peppermint extracts are the active ingredients in Bumble and bumble Tonic Shampoo. These natural anti-inflammatory properties soothe the scalp, balance oil production and stimulate circulation. For a double dose of relaxation, follow with Tonic Lotion. Spritz it throughout the hair and scalp before applying your styling products.
14. Revivogen Bio-Cleansing Shampoo & Thickening Conditioner is a revitalizing cleanser for fine and thick hair that helps to combat hair loss and promote healthy growth.
15. For an edgier finish, try Bumble and bumble Sumo Tech. It takes the best qualities of a paste, wax and crème to create a modern molding compound that give hair a piecey, textured look.
16. Toppik Hair Building Fibers is a completely natural way to conceal thinning and bald spots. It is great for that awkward transition period when guys are beginning to thin out, but haven’t yet taken the plunge to shave their heads or deal with it surgically.
Toppik is completely undetectable to the eye, comes in nine shades (including gray, which can be mixed and matched with browns/blacks to maintain a more salt and pepper look), and stays put through rain and sweat until shampooed out. It’s definitely not your typical “hair in a can”! This is a celeb hairstylist staple that has had a cult consumer following for years.
17. A key to looking sharp is keeping your hair well-maintained, which we all know can be a real hassle. The Wahl Lithium Ion Clipper is a grooming tool that gives you the power to achieve great hairstyles anytime, anywhere.
The new Wahl Lithium Ion Clipper is the first of its kind to harness lithium ion technology, offering twice the run time and 50 percent more power than comparable clippers. It also features cordless operation, a variety of guide combs and a 15-minute quick charge for one-time use.
18. Tony Odisho Foaming Mousse is great for men because it adds a medium hold and great volume. It can be applied to damp hair, styled and left to air dry. It can also be applied to damp hair then blowdried/styled for extra volume.
19. Blind Barber’s 60 Proof Hair Wax is great if you’ve started to see the tell-tale signs of thinning hair. It provides medium hold and conditioning along with hair thickening properties. The best part? It does all of this without making your hair stiff and heavy!
20. American Crew Grooming Spray is perfect for you outdoorsy types because of its UV protectant and moisturizing aspects — there’s aloe vera in the formula!
Didn’t find what you’re looking for? Then you must see these 4 products men actually try.