Can braids be sexy? Selena Gomez proves they can be! This typically innocent hairstyle makes for quite the vampy look as seen on Selena Gomez. We spoke with celebrity hairstylist Frank Rizzieri, who has worked his hair magic on the likes of Miranda Kerr, Gisele Bundchen and Naomi Campbell, to name a few, for a few tips and tricks on how to get this look!
“This style works great on Selena because it gives her height in the crown with a messy part and gives her a cool look,” Rizzieri says. The braid looks slightly undone and works well with her sexy dress.”
Grab that little black dress, gals, here’s Rizzieri’s tips on how you can get this vampy braid.
The Vampy Selena Gomez Braid Tutorial:
1. This look works best with clean hair. Blow dry hair straight using a 2-inch boar bristle round brush. We love R Session Pro Tools 2″ Boar Bristle Round Ceramic Brush for creating volume.
3. Coil the hair from ends to the base of the hair and clip. This is called a soft set. Let curls set for 10 minutes before removing.
4. Spray Oribe Dry Texture Spray into the roots of the hair and then lightly brush.
5. Create volume by backcombing lightly, making two-inch sections from ear to ear. Focus on the crown and back of the head.
6. Smooth out the top layer of hair and part either to the left or right side like Selena. It’s best to let hair fall naturally.
7. Starting at the nape of the neck, gather hair and create a messy braid leaving the last two inches of hair undone. Secure with an elastic.
8. For a sexy bedhead finish, lightly pull at the braid so hair is slightly undone.
If you enjoyed this Selena Gomez braid tutorial, then you’ll love this simple how-to for creating her sassy ponytail.