The Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice awards are a more casual event than other award events, and it’s fun to see how the stars let their ‘hair down’ for the show and let their personal style shine. This year, the big trend was natural, effortless curls and loose upstyles. Here are a few of our favorite looks from this year’s show! So here are the best kids choice awards hairstyles in 2014.
Gigi Hadid’s California Waves
Gigi Hadid embraced her Californian roots and showed off her beautiful tresses in a laid back style.
How to style:
- Prep towel dried hair with mousse.
- Spritz ends with a sea salt spray.
- Scrunch mid-lengths and ends.
- Diffuse ends until dry.
- Create deep side part.
- Remove diffuser and blow dry hair around face straight out.
- Touch up any unruly curls with a curling wand.
- Hold hair around face straight out and spritz with hairspray.
- Pull hair to side and hairspray into place.
A great sea salt spray is key to pulling off the natural waves look. Kevin Murphy’s Hair Resort Spray gives the illusion that you were having a fantastic day at the beach and then dashed off to a fabulous event. It gives hair texture, body, and volume with a sexy edge.
Kira Kosarin’s “Perfect” Braid
Kira Kosarin paired her flirty blue dress with a romantic loose side braid. The combination of her dark shiny locks and the perfectly undone braid made her look radiant.
How to Style:
- Apply a blow dry crème to towel dried hair.
- Using a medium-sized round brush, blow dry hair smooth and straight with a bit of bend on the ends.
- Apply a small amount of Argan oil to the ends.
- Create a deep side part and lightly backcomb the front bang section.
- Pull hair to side and create a simple three-strand braid, starting at the jawline.
- Secure braid with a clear elastic.
- Starting at the bottom of the braid, pull on sides to loosen and gradually work your way up to where braid begins.
- Pull until you have achieved the desired looseness.
- Finish style with a medium hold hairspray.
For special events, try a shine-enhancing hairspray like Moroccan Oil’s Luminous Hairspray. It has a shiny finish with a strong hold. It’s perfect for special events where tons of photos will be taken!
Selena Gomez’ Voluminous Waves
Selena Gomez is known for her flawless hairstyles and this is no exception. Embracing her natural waves, Selena opted for a carefree look with tons of volume, body, and texture.
Photo Credit: TheImproper.com
How to Style:
- Starting with towel dried hair, scrunch a curl defining crème into ends.
- Scrunch a curl defining gel into ends.
- Diffuse hair upside down for volume.
- Once hair is completely dried, touch up any unruly curls with a curling wand.
- Spritz ends with a sea salt spray for texture.
- Finish with a flexible hold hairspray.
The key to achieving frizz-free curls is to apply products on very wet hair. Try applying Moroccan Oil’s Curl Crème to soaking wet hair. This will help lock in moisture and prevent hair from starting to frizz.
The 2014 Kids’ Choice Awards provided a great glimpse into how gorgeously chic casual hair can be. Give one of these styles a try and be prepared for a steady stream of compliments! If you loved these Kids’ Choice Awards hairstyles, then you’ll love these Oscars hairstyles, too!