I’m pretty sure that when it comes to hair, Jessica Alba can do no wrong. She always looks stylish, classic and just plain pretty in a very gorgeous, girl-next-door way. Alba positively sizzled at the 2013 ALMA Awards as usual and her hair looked totally flawless. I love it when celebrities sport a no-fuss, no-muss look on the red carpet and Alba’s long wavy bob is just that, totally laidback cool. Ombre hair color also adds just the right amount of interest and dimension to this look.
Celebrity stylist Renato Campora whose work is regularly featured in magazines like Vanity Fair, Elle, Vogue and Rolling Stone, styled Alba’s locks using John Frieda Frizz-Ease products. It’s thrilling to know we can recreate this look ourselves so easily, and using drugstore beauty products! Here’s how you can get this 60s-inspired hairstyle at home in just five easy steps.
Get the look: Jessica Alba’s long wavy bob
1. This look is just as much about the style as it is the haircut itself, so Renato first trimmed Jessica’s hair into a “long bob” as the foundation for the look.
2. When ready to style your hair, start by applying John Frieda Frizz-Ease Curl Reviver Styling Mousse to damp hair for added bounce. Then, dry hair straight with a blow dryer as usual. Use a round brush to help create some extra lift and volume at the roots.
3. To create waves, use a 1/2-inch barrel curling iron or curling wand and wrap hair around the barrel instead of clamping in. Gently brush out your waves so they’re loose and flowy like Alba’s.
4. For smooth texture, apply John Frieda Frizz-Ease Secret Weapon Flawless Finishing Crème.
5. Finish with John Frieda Frizz-Ease Moisture Barrier Firm Hold Hairspray to hold the hairstyle in place.
If you loved this stunning Jessica Alba hair tutorial, then you’ll really love learning how to recreate her long vintage waves, too!