A megawatt smile demands an equally brilliant hairstyle, and that’s just what Jessica Alba showed up with at the “Schiaparelli and Prada: Impossible Conversations” Costume Institute Gala. The paparazzi’s flash seems to just bounce off her high shine locks and her restrained, vintage-like waves are a Hollywood classic. It’s sleek, sophisticated and glamorous all in one. So, of course we want to totally steal this style!
Although Alba has long locks, Tammie Bradford, professional hairstylist and Founder of Athena Hair Extensions, says this is a look anyone can achieve with a few modifications and their own touch. So whether you have short, medium or long hair, here’s how you can get this retro-inspired look at home. No red carpet required.
What You Need:
- Fine-toothed comb
- Medium-sized curling iron
- Hair clips
How to Recreate This Jessica Alba Hair Look:
1. After washing your hair, create a deep side part and allow it to dry naturally for 10-15 minutes, depending on its thickness. If you have short or medium hair and are looking to add more volume, blow dry it with a thickening cream, such as Kera Plus Infusion from KereSpa.
2. Be sure to part your hair deep onto one side; play around to see which side works best for you. Your hair likely has a natural side where it prefers to part. Separate your hair into square sections and then spray each section with a medium hold hairspray like Sebastian Shaper. Then, use a medium-sized curling iron and curl medium-sized sections. Make sure your curls are all going the same direction.
3. Using a fine-toothed comb, simply brush softly through the wave formation.
4. The way you style it now is up to you. Sweep one side behind your ear and let the curls fall along your opposite shoulder, or opt to clip hair all to one side. Set your look with a quick spritz of hairspray.
Love this Jessica Alba hair tutorial, but need more celebrity hairstyle inspiration? Check out our complete gallery of celebrity hairstyles for more looks!