Some looks never get old, and will always be glamorous — and retro hair has never gone away!
This retro glam hairstyle is a change for Emma Stone, who is usually seen rocking straight strands or messy curls. “Classic styles are always so glamorous,” says celebrity stylist and Miami Beach salon owner Danny Jelaca. One upon a time, Bridget Bardot and Grace Kelly showed us how chic and effortless hair can be, and Emma continues this theme beautifully!
Danny tells us that the best way to achieve this look on your own is by using the old fashioned method of pin curling! To start this style off right, make sure your hair is blown out completely dry and then create a nice deep part on either side of the head for a dramatic look. Next, apply a styling mousse or spray all over. This will allow the hair to crimp and hold easily. (We love Keune Root Volumizer!) To create the pin curls, Danny suggests using a curling wand rather than a traditional curling iron. A wand doesn’t have a clamp, so it won’t dent your curls. Make sure are armed with your curling wand and a heat protection glove, then follow these simple steps:
1. Start off the curls from the front on the side with the most hair.
2. Take a 3-4 inch section, wrap the hair around the wand and hold for a few seconds.
3. Rather than letting the hair fall off the iron, keep it in the “O” shape and pin it down.
4. Repeat curling and pinning all over the head.
5. Let the pins set for about 20 minutes before taking them out.
6. Using a natural bristle hairbrush (like a Mason Pearson boar bristle brush) gently smooth out the curls to make them marry together.
7. Finish the look with a bit of hairspray and you have achieved this timeless look. Don’t forget the hairspray, it’s an essential part to hold the style and keep you sexy till the final dance!
Learn how to recreate another one of our favorite (and oh so romantic!) Emma Stone hairstyles here.