One of the many, many reasons we love Blake Lively (aside from her legs that go for days and impossibly shiny locks) is her ability to look chic yet casual, like with this sleek half up half down hairstyle she wore to the 2011 Teen Choice Awards. It’s one we’re totally coveting and could easily be worn as an easy, everyday hairstyle for lunch with the girls or even a fun date night look. We love any hairstyle that looks chic, effortless and is easy to pull off, too.
Want to give this hairstyle a go? Us too! We spoke with Aveda Global Artistic Director of Hair Styling, Allen Ruiz, on how you too can get the look.
2. Spray in a little Brilliant Damage Control to protect hair from heating tools.
3. Spray Aveda Volumizing Tonic on roots and ends of hair. This helps both build body and shine.
4. Now that your hair is prepped, blow dry roots with a round hair brush to get as much volume at roots as possible, then use a flat brush on the ends.
5. Once hair is dry, take one inch sections and spray with Control Force Firm Hold Hairspray; then use a flat iron from the upper mid shaft of your hair to your ends. This creates Blake’s super sleek look.
6. Once you’re done with the flat iron, section the hair from the temples to the crown and braid ends of top section. Secure with bobby pins or other hair accessories of choice.
7. Finish off with a little more Control Force Firm Hold Hairspray and Brilliant Spray on Shine so your hair stays in place and super shiny, all night long.
Easy enough, right? Now, go get to styling!
To learn how to recreate even more of your favorite Blake Lively hairstyles, click here.