Tall, leggy and with quite the pout…can Blake Lively get any sexier? The answer is, yes! This vivacious curled hairstyle seen on Blake Lively at the Sherlock Holmes New York Premier is full of plenty of sass. Which is why when we saw it, we were dying to replicate the look.
We spoke with Christina Harris from Rowdy Hair Salon on how to get this style. So grab those high heels ladies and get ready for a wild night!
Get The Look:
1. Wash hair with L’Oreal Mythic Oil Shampoo and Conditioner to clean and hydrate your locks.
2. Apply a nickel-sized amount of L’Oreal Professionnel Texture Expert Smooth Velours Smoothing Hair Lotions all over damp, towel-dried hair. For volume, spray L’Oreal Professionnel Texture Expert Lift Extreme to roots of hair.
3. Completely blow dry hair using a medium sized round brush. Using a medium-sized brush will help create both volume and shine.
4. Once your hair is dry, spray L’Oreal Professionnel Texture Expert Infinium 2 Hair Spray to your hair. Yes, this should be done before curling hair; this is a light hold hairspray that also provides heat protection.
5. Now it’s time to start curling! Using a one-inch curling iron, begin curling sections of hair around the face. You’ll want to direct the curls away from your face. For each curled piece, use a flat pin to pin each curl up to your head. A flat pin will help avoid creasing the hair and pinning the hair into a pin curl allows the curl to cool and creates a bouncier effect, like that seen on Lively.
6. Continue curling the rest of your hair, directing each curl randomly. Remember to pin each curl up as you go to let the curls cool.
7. Once all your curls are pinned and cool, release the pins! Shake out your hair and hit the runway.
If you’re a Blake Lively hair addict like we are, then you’ll love recreating her luscious mermaid waves too!