Life keeps us all busy, and the last thing we want to do is be a slave to our hair in order to look and feel good. Believe it or not, there are tricks and ways to enhance your style without spending an hour on it! Here are 10 easy ways to enhance your hair in under 10 minutes…
1. Want instant length and fullness? Clip-in extensions are an easy and effective way to achieve this look. Whether you’re adding a full set to make your hair goddess-long or just one little section to add some thickness, these are the quick and easy answer. Click here to see a video I did showing you how easy (and gorgeous!) it is to add clip-in extensions to your hair.
2. Hot rollers are back and better than ever. To create volume, texture and instant oomph to your hair, consider simply adding three to four rollers at the crown of your head. After a few minutes (once they’ve cooled down), remove the rollers, brush it out, and BAM! Sexy hair.
3. Want instant highlights without the commitment or time in the salon? Colorsmash recently came out with a line of natural hair shadow colors, like blonde, caramel brown, bronzey brown, and so on. Snazz up your color, create your own ombre look, hide gray hair, all within minutes!
4. Ponytails are not only in style this season, but they are the perfect option when you are in a rush to get your day started. If your pony looks limp and thin, all you have to do is tease the inside of it. Once your hair is secured in a hair tie, break your ponytail into two to three sections and back comb each section. Gently smooth over the whole thing and your sad little ponytail is now happy and thick!
5. Are your bangs all grown out and ruining your style, but you don’t have time to go to the salon and get a bang trim? Bango is a tool that helps you trim your bangs at home and freshens up your look within minutes. My coworker actually invented this thing and people love it! It’s sold on QVC and all over.
6. Wake up with instant waves without having to fuss with a curling iron by sleeping with your hair in two loose pigtail braids. The tighter the braid, the tighter the wave, so I recommend using a light hand and very loosely braiding your hair. In the morning, comb the braids out gently with your fingers, add a hair oil, and you’ll have instant beachy waves.
7. If you have fine hair and haven’t tried a sock bun yet, you’re missing out! Buns are so classy and sexy, but not when they look scrawny. By using a sock you can plump up your bun in only a few minutes.
8. Is your hair looking flat and dull, but you don’t have time to wash and style? Wash just a bit of your crown in the sink! Create a u-shaped section from the top of your head to your forehead and pull forward. Blow dry styling this small section after washing takes only a few minutes, yet it will appear as if you washed your whole head.
9. I’ve mentioned this product before and I refuse to stop because it is a life saver and a time saver. Hair powder/dry shampoo is a woman’s best friend! If your hair is greasy or just laying flat, lift up your hair in sections and spritz is all over. It absorbs oil and creates a great cushion if you want to tease your hair and add volume. Seriously ladies, you need this stuff!
10. Coconut oil is a great way to quickly and naturally add shine to your hair (and it is very healthy to cook with I might add). Rub just a little bit between your hands and lightly glaze it towards the ends of your hair for instant smoothness. It’s great for taming frizz and flyaways. If you want to create more texture at the ends of your hair, you can always add more.
Craving even more hair tips? Check out my five simple steps to a star quality blowout!